The Shure Beta 87A is a premium quality supercardioid hand-held condenser vocal microphone with exceptionally smooth frequency response and high sound pressure level capability. It is ideal for a professional lead or backing vocalist either on stage, for live recording or in the studio.
The Beta 87A features a controlled low-frequency roll-off that compensates for proximity effect and prevents the boomy sound often associated with close pick-up. The tailored frequency responce with its presence rise , brightens the upper midrange and helps the vocals cut through the mix. The tight supercardioid pattern provides maximum isolation from other vocalists or instruments while offering minimal off-axis coloration. It operates on phantom power.
* Smooth frequency response with gradual presence rise
* Highly consistent supercardioid polar pattern provides superior gain-before-feedback
* Electronic low-frequency roll-off compensates for proximity effect
* Wide dynamic range (117 dB) and low distortion characteristics
* Very low susceptibility to RFI and electromagnetic hum
* Advanced cartridge shock-mount system absorbs mechanical shocks and reduces handling noise
* Built-in pop filter reduces undesirable wind and breath sounds
* Legendary Shure quality and reliability
* Transducer Type : Condenser
* Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
* Frequency Response: 50 Hz - 20 kHz
* Sensitivity (1 kHz): -54 dBV/Pa / 2 mV/Pa
* Equivalent Selfnoise: 23,5 dB(A)
* Sound Pressure: 140,5 dB