Boasting a stellar feature set that includes our premium-grade XENYX mic preamps, “one-knob” compressors, British EQs and 24-bit onboard FX, BEHRINGER UFX Series mixers are some of the best-sounding compact mixers you’ve ever heard. They are light-years beyond your average mixer, thanks to their built-in 16 x 4 USB/FireWire Interface and 16-Track USB-Recorder. Imagine being able to record your next live gig directly to a USB stick or your PC/Mac computer—and the UFX’s transport section can even function as a remote control center for your computer-based DAW via MIDI.
From input to output, BEHRINGER UFX Series mixers are all about functionality, ease of use and ultimate versatility. Mono channels feature our legendary XENYX mic preamps, praised the world over by professional audio engineers for their sonic clarity and high-headroom performance. Mono channels accept both balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS, as well as unbalanced 1/4" TS connections. A Line/Hi-Z switch is also provided on channels 1 & 2 so you can connect acoustic, electric and bass guitars without the need for an external DI box.
Built-in 16-Track Recorder
UFX Series mixers make it easy to capture your live performances or home recording sessions. Just plug a USB stick into the rear panel, hit the record button on the 16-track recorder control interface—then relax and enjoy the show. When you get home from the gig, you can even use control any compatible computer based DAW directly from your UFX mixer via MIDI.
The British consoles of the 1960s and ‘70s changed the sound of rock and roll. Without them, the British Invasion might not have even happened. The channel EQ on our XENYX mixers is based on that very same circuitry, allowing you to imbue signals with incredible warmth and detailed musical character. Even when applied generously, these equalizers exhibit sweet forgiveness and superb audio quality.
Mono channels on the UFX1204 benefit from our highly musical “British” 3-band EQ with semi-parametric Mid control, allowing you to dial in the frequency center and boost or cut by as much as 15 dB. Channel EQ on the UFX1604 is an expanded 4-band version with sweepable Hi and Low Mids, providing even more tonal optimization. Both models feature individually switchable, true +48 V phantom power on all mono channels so you can use top-of-the-line studio condenser microphones—a feature virtually unheard of on a mixer in this class!
Stereo channels support balanced and unbalanced 1/4" Line connections and our 4-band “British” EQs are provided for tonal adjustment. All channels feature 4 Aux Sends, switchable Pre/Post FireWire Sends, Mute/Alt 3-4 functionality and super-smooth, long-wearing 100 mm logarithmic-taper faders (UFX1204 only for MAIN MIX fader, channel faders are 60 mm).
What's a Compressor?
Ask professional sound engineers what their favorite piece of external processing gear is and the response will be virtually unanimous – dynamic compression. What's compression? Glad you asked. Compression limits the dynamic range of a signal, lowering the level of loud sounds and turning up softer sounds to achieve sonic balance. But applying compression is a delicate art that many novice, and even intermediate, sound techs have difficulty mastering. Our “one-knob” compression is available on all mono channels and is easy to operate, even for entry-level users. Now you can easily dial in the perfect amount of compression for instruments and vocals, creating powerful mixes with punch and clarity. Our “one-knob” compressors come standard on each and every XENYX QX Series USB mixer.
FX and Functionality
We gave the UFX1204 a very high-end stereo FX processor with 16 editable presets that include reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, phaser, multi-effects and Tap function for the ultimate in live performance enhancement. And because you can never have too much of a good thing, we armed the UFX1604 with not one, but two of these powerful effects engines for even more versatility.
Add to this an extensive Talkback section with onboard Mic; mono channel Inserts; up to 4 stereo Aux Returns; a plethora of output options; plus free software downloads and more—and you’ve got the incredible new XENYX UFX Series mixers from BEHRINGER!
* Premium ultra low-noise, high headroom analog mixer with integrated 24-Bit/96 kHz USB/FireWire interface and 16-track USB recorder
* Built-in 16x4 interface connects directly to your computer and supports Mac OS X and Windows XP or higher
* Integrated 16-track USB recorder allows for instant recordings of your studio or live sessions
* 8 state-of-the-art XENYX Mic Preamps comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps with individual Phantom Power switches
* 8 studio-grade Compressors with super-easy "one-knob" functionality and control LED for professional vocal and instrumental sound
* Neo-classic "British" 4-band EQs with two semi-parametric mid bands for warm and musical sound
* Dual studio-grade stereo FX processors with 16 editable presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter, multi-effects, Tap function and storable user parameter settings
* Illuminated MIDI Transport section to remote-control your DAW/Sequencer on PC/Mac
* 2 HI-Z inputs for direct connection of guitars, 8 Channel Inserts and balanced Main Mix outputs on ¼" TRS and XLR connectors
* 4 Aux Sends per channel - all pre/post fader switchable, 4 stereo Aux Returns and separate CD/Tape input
* Solo-In-Place with PFL/AFL function plus full-featured Talkback section
* Comprehensive Monitor section with separate level controls for speaker and headphones outputs
* Long-wearing 100-mm logarithmic-taper faders and sealed rotary controls
* "Planet Earth" switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
* High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
* Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany