The Beta 27 is ideal for a wide variety of acoustic, wind and electric instruments, such as guitar and bass amplifiers, drum, percussion and piano. The tight supercardioid polar pattern ensures high gain-before-feedback and provides maximum isolation from other sound sources making it perfect for live stage applications.
The Beta 27 is tailored for superior transient response from a low-mass, externally-biased ultra-thin Mylar diaphragm. It has a flat, neutral frequency response for natural reproduction.
The Beta 27 uses premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors. It includes a 3-position switchable low-frequency filter which helps reduce unwanted background noise or counteract the proximity effect and the -15 db switchable attenuator handles extremely high SPLs with ease. The internal pop filter with three separate mesh layers reduces wind and breath noise
The Beta 27 is a supercardioid whereas the SM27 is a cardioid. You can expect a more concise sound pickup and a full bodied sound signature with the Beta 27.
* Flat Frequency response and low self noise for natural reproduction
* Supercardioid polar pattern for high gain-before-feedback and minimizes bleed from off axis sound sources
* Tailored for superior transient response
* Low mass, externally-biased, ultra-thin 24 karat gold-layered Mylar diaphragm
* 3 position switchable low-frequency filter
* -15db switchable attenuator
* Internal pop filter with three separate mesh layers
* Transducer Type : Condenser
* Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
* Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
* Sensitivity (1 kHz): -37 dBV/Pa / 14,1 mV/Pa
* Equivalent Selfnoise: 8.5
* Sound Pressure:
Pad off: 140 dB
Pad on: 154 dB